No injuries reported in weekend apartment fire
LOMBARD — No injuries were reported when fire crews responded to a fire in a multi-family apartment building in downtown Lombard that happened Saturday night.
At 7:15 p.m., Saturday, fire crews responded to reports of the smell of smoke in the building at 33 N. Main St. Initially, an engine company and a medic company responded to the call, but after DuComm told the fire department that residents on the sixth and ninth floors of the building had reported smelling smoke, the call was upgraded to a general alarm.
When fire crews arrived, they found a small fire in the boiler room in the dumpster that was attached to the garbage compactor and chute.
Firefighters extinguished the fire and removed the dumpster.
If you have any technical difficulties, either with your username and password or with the payment options, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com