No cause yet determined for minivan striking Carol Stream home
CAROL STREAM — Investigators continue to look into what caused a minivan to strike a home in Carol Stream on Thursday afternoon.
A Chrysler minivan jumped off the road and drove into the north exterior wall of a single-family residence on the 600 block of Bluff Street, said Carol Stream Deputy Police Chief Dan Hoffman. None of the five residents in the home at the time of the accident was injured, but the driver of the minivan was transported to a local hospital, he said. No further information was available on her condition, Hoffman said.
Members of the Carol Stream Fire Protection District received the call at 3:43 p.m. Thursday, said Fire Chief Administrative Officer Perry Johnson. The minivan caught on fire, but it didn't appear that the house sustained any fire damage, he said.
The female driver, a Carol Stream resident, was removed from the minivan and taken to a hospital for medical care, Hoffman said. A female juvenile passenger was not injured, he said.
The damaged portion of the home had to be shored up before the minivan could be removed, Johnson said. Fire personnel left the scene at about 7:30 p.m., he said. Firefighters from Bloomingdale, Glendale Heights, Hanover Park, Wheaton and Winfield had initially responded, but most of them left early once it was determined what had occurred, Johnson said.
No charges have been filed, and police continue to investigate the cause of the accident, Hoffman said.
More Carol Stream News
- Wildflowers in bloom at forest preserve
- Proposed $36 million sewer project could cause sanitation rate hikes
- The state of Carol Stream
- Panthers cap regular season with two impressive wins
- Concerns arise as Panthers advance to regional final
- Glenbard North senior sprints to first all-state medal after breaking toe last year
- Glenbard North beats Wheaton North for third time, advances in playoffs
- High school chefs impress Food Network star in Addison competition
- Student chefs compete for Cutting Edge Tour: 8 photos
- Bill allowing DuPage County to create stormwater utility fee passes State Senate