Stickney library celebrates new Young Adults Department
STICKNEY— The Stickney-Forest View Public Library District will host the grand opening celebration of its newly remodeled Young Adult Department from 12 to 2 p.m. Saturday, at the library, at 6800 W. 43rd St.
The 1,500 square-foot second floor offers a variety of technological and recreational options for the young adult community. Equipped with six computer stations, a printing station, books and magazines, the space also features modern furniture and other amenities.
The remodeled department was funded, in part, by tax revenue and the Friends of the Stickney Forest View Public Library.
The celebration will include cake, iTunes gift card giveaways and a library fine amnesty program. Students ages 13-21 who come to the opening will have their fines waived by library staff.
Everyone in the community is welcome to attend.
More Education News
- D41 staff to present revised recommendation for 'Wallflower' at May 28 board meeting
- Valley View teachers union approves contract
- North High School student's art to be displayed at U.S. Capitol
- LT to host fourth annual film fest
- York students win scholarships for artwork
- Hinsdale South High School accepting nominations for Hall of Fame
- Elmhurst teacher Joe Schram retires in style
- Addison Recreation Club offers sports program for youth
- Willowbrook students participate in sculpture show at Lilacia Park
- Library, teachers' lounge renovation back on deck at Pierce Downer School