Elmhurst Hospital awarded for critical care
ELMHURST — Elmhurst Memorial Hospital's progressive critical care units were honored with the American Association for Critical Care Nurses silver-level Beacon Award for Excellence, the hospital said.
Elmhurst Memorial is among eight Beacon-winning progressive critical care units in Illinois and 113 across the country.
The honor recognizes hospital critical care units that employ "outstanding evidence-based practices" designed to improve patient and family outcomes and aligns with the AACN’s six standards for a healthy work environment.
Elmhurst Memorial Hospital will be honored for the award in May during the annual National Teaching Institute & Critical Care Exposition in Boston.
More Local News
- Fire extinguished inside Lombard gun range: 6 photos
- Berwyn pays Memorial Day respect May 27
- Frustration grows with construction company on residential lot in Downers Grove
- Lisle cops to hit Dunkin' Donuts for charity
- Cantigny Park to waive parking for active duty men and women until Labor Day
- Bolingbrook man charged with four counts of child porn
- Hinsdale Central girls soccer tops Benet Academy, 3-1, in sectional semi: 7 photos
- Lemont Library to kick off summer reading program with party May 31
- Promenade Bolingbrook to host monthy childrens' fair this summer
- Mystery Diner: Davanti Enoteca: 5 photos