Heating pad causes fire
BERWYN — A microwaveable heating pad is believed to be the cause of a porch fire in the 3700 block of South East Avenue at 9:42 a.m. March 6, according to police reports.
A resident said the heating pad began to smoke while it was in the microwave and he brought it outside on the porch. A teacher at Pershing School called 911 after she looked out the widow and saw smoke and flames on the porch.
The resident extinguished the fire before firefighters arrived.
The fire damaged electrical lines running from the porch to a power line pole, according to police.