Woodridge Park District staff honored by park organization
WOODRIDGE — Several staff members of the Woodridge Park District were recently recognized by the Midwest Institute of Park Executives for their work with the district.
Those recognized by MIPE at their year-end awards ceremony in January include:
• John Karesh, Superintendent of Parks and Operations, received the “Professional of the Year Award” for his ongoing commitment of over 16 years to the Woodridge Park District and for his “team-player approach” for setting and achieving goals to support the mission of the park district.
• Jenny Knitter, Superintendent of Planning and Development, received the “President’s Award” for her long-standing commitment to MIPE through her service as a board director for the past four years and her leadership in spearheading the MIPE 75th Anniversary committee.
• Ryan Bordewick, Landscape Designer, received the “Outstanding Park Employee Award” for his understanding and commitment to plan and design popular and safe park spaces that will be highly used for years to come.
• Glenn Hussey, Park Maintenance Supervisor, received the “Continuing Education Award” to use towards his attendance at the Sports Turf Managers Association (STMA) National Conference.
• Karesh, Hussey, Chris Pollack, Landscape Specialist, and Mark Schnieder, Park Operations, received the “Helping Hands Special Service Award” for their cooperative efforts with four other park districts to help in cleanup efforts last fall at the West Chicago Park District when the area experienced a devastating mini tornado that destroyed one of their flagship parks.
“We are proud to have such dedicated staff that not only serve the residents of Woodridge with utmost professionalism but also take the time to share their knowledge and best practices with their peers,” said Mike Adams, Executive Director for the Woodridge Park District.
If you have any technical difficulties, either with your username and password or with the payment options, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org