RIVERSIDE — Defense attorneys in the case of Lawrence Adamczyk, who was charged with disorderly conduct and criminal trespass after allegedly entering Riverside Brookfield High School to have sex with a young boy, filed for a motion to dismiss last month.
Adamczyk later was found not guilty by Judge Ramon Ocasio during a Feb. 1 court hearing.
Ocasio could not be reached for comment, but according to Cook County court records, Adamczyk's attorney filed a motion to dismiss charges because the allegations do not state offenses as required by certain Illinois laws.
A state law that pertains to disorderly conduct says an offense is committed when a person enters the property of another and for a lewd purpose deliberately looks into the property of another through any window or opening.
Defense attorneys argued Adamcyzk did not look through any windows or openings and he is not alleged to have entered upon the property of another, but is alleged to have entered upon state-supported property. They also claimed Adamcyzk's statement alone as to why he was at the location on the date of the incident was not enough evidence to sustain a conviction.
The second offense Adamcyzk was charged with was criminal trespass to state-supported land. Police reports said the suspect committed the offense of criminal trespass to state-supported land in that he knowingly entered Riverside Brookfield High School after school hours and in parts of the school that were closed to the public.
According to state law, defense attorneys argued, a person must receive notice prior to entry that such entry is forbidden, and he or she must interfere with another person's lawful use or enjoyment of the property.
According to police reports, Adamcyzk was paroled from prison Dec. 28 after serving a three-year sentence in 2011 for an aggravated battery conviction. The Illinois Department of Corrections could still seek to revoke his parole.