County promoting radon awareness contests
The Kane County Health Department is promoting two contests designed to raise awareness in children about the dangers of radon.
A poster contest sponsored by the American Lung Association is designed for students ages 9 to 14 and is open until March 1.
First-place winners of the Illinois state will be awarded $200 and be automatically entered in the national contest with the chance to win $1,000. For information, visit http://kanehealth.com/radon_contest.htm
A video contest is being sponsored by the American Lung Association and the Illinois Emergency Management Agency in partnership with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
The contest is for high school students and the top prize is $1,000. For information, visit http://kanehealth.com/radon_contest.htm
The county is promoting the contests as part of National Radon Action Month in January.
More News News
- Glen Ellyn families will pay $7.50 per month to fund fire company
- District 200 announces details about community engagement program
- Case-by-case approach suggested for new construction storm water requirements
- Crazy Pour hopes to cater to all
- Unitarian Church of Hinsdale to host holiday events