Investigation launched after truck-driver dies in Bensenville work accident
Officials from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration announced Tuesday that they were opening an investigation after a man died late Monday night after being pinned between his truck and a stationary post in Bensenville earlier that day, according to media reports.
Martin Sum, 57, of the 11400 block of South Normandy Avenue, in Worth, Ill., was declared dead at 8:19 p.m. Monday at Alexian Brothers Medical Center.
The medical examiner ruled his death an accident and determined that it was caused by multiple injuries after his body became pinned between the door of his truck and a post.
The accident happened at 651 Thorndale Road in Bensenville, according to media reports.
The investigation by OSHA will determine the cause of the accident and to see if any safety regulations were not followed, according to media reports.
More Mobile News
- Westmont Library to host Broadway concert Dec. 29
- Singer-songwriters to perform at Downers Grove Caribou Coffee
- Downers Grove Artfest grows in sixth year
- Lisle-Woodridge Fire District promotes holiday fire safety
- Police reports: Lisle for Dec. 18