Hinsdale Central starts off 2013 with a win
|Hinsdale Central's Brian Owens brings the ball upcourt during Tuesday's game against Oswego East. (by Bill Ackerman)|
Having nearly had 10 days off since its last game, Hinsdale Central returned to the court in a positive fashion Tuesday night, defeating Oswego East 58-46 in a non-conference game.
With the victory, the Red Devils improved to 7-5 on the season.
Hinsdale Central led 13-10 after the opening eight minutes and extended that margin to 26-18 by intermission. The Red Devils saw their advantage swell to as many as 14 points in the second half and the visitors would never get closer then nine the rest of the way.
Rigas Pappas led the home team with 17 points and Matt Rafferty added 14 points and 16 rebounds. Brian Owens finished with nine points.
More Sports News
- Barrington boys basketball braves ahead, falls to Buffalo Grove
- WWS grad Titus Davis ascends to be among nation's best receivers
- NCC football finishes finest season
- Home cooking suits South boys
- Role players a major part of Morton’s success