Filmmakers wanted to participate in Westmont film festival
WESTMONT — The Westmont Park District and the Progressive Village Performance Network of Westmont are looking for local filmmakers to submit entries for a film festival that is planned to be held in the village next month.
The Frozen Film Festival, featuring the films of area residents, will be held from Feb. 22 to Feb. 24 at the Westmont Community Center.
Films will be shown in front of a live audience and judges, and prizes will be awarded.
The PVPN, a Westmont theater group, has been talking about putting on a film festival featuring the works of local filmmakers for over a year, but has been unable to do so due to a lack of submissions.
A number of categories for submissions are available. Any local filmmakers looking to submit a film for the festival can call Steve Golembiewski at the Westmont Park District at 630-963-5252.
More News News
- Glenbard East holds annual Cookies and Carol concert: 5 photos
- Lemont District 113A to move fifth grade to River Valley
- District 210 passes proposed tax levy
- Glen Ellyn trustee resigns to pursue out-of-state career opportunity
- Police reports: La Grange, La Grange Park, Western Springs and Westchester for Dec. 18