DuPage County Meals on Wheels program looking for volunteer drivers
WESTMONT — The DuPage Senior Citizens Council, DuPage County’s Meals on Wheels provider, is currently seeking volunteers that wish to make a positive difference in their community.
Volunteer drivers are especially needed to deliver meals in the Westmont areas, according to a press release issued by the DSCC.
“Persons who deliver meals to frail and homebound senior citizens help lend dignity and independence to the lives of elderly residents,” said Cathy Jordan, DSCC Volunteer Coordinator in the release.
Experience is not needed, but compassion and a positive attitude are required. Training is provided.
Interested persons should contact Jordan, at 630-620-0804 or visit www.dupageseniorcouncil.org for additional information.
More Mobile News
- Westmont Library to host Broadway concert Dec. 29
- Singer-songwriters to perform at Downers Grove Caribou Coffee
- Downers Grove Artfest grows in sixth year
- Lisle-Woodridge Fire District promotes holiday fire safety
- Police reports: Lisle for Dec. 18