Valley View School District opens lunchtime for parents, guardians to visit
Valley View School District 365U is restoring the option for parents or guardians to eat an occasional lunch with their children at the elementary schools.
After the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut, VVSD placed a temporary ban on lunchtime visits by parents during the week. This ban was in place to give school and district personnel time to assess existing security procedures.
Superintendent James Mitchem said each elementary school will have their own rules on whether to restore lunchtime visitation for parents and guardians. The district has restored the practice, if schools are willing.
Those wishing to stop by school to have lunch with their child should check with their school principal to determine the procedure that will be in place starting Monday through the school year.
Parents who come to eat lunch with their children will be required to enter through the school office, present a valid photo ID and sign in and out.
For more information call 815-886-2700 ext. 261.
More News News
- Police reports for Hinsdale, Darien
- Future of Keepataw Days in doubt, Lemont festival organizers disbanding
- Metropolitan Family Services helps the hungry this holiday with ingredient distribution
- Glen Ellyn organization makes final plea for donations to meet holiday needs
- Westchester man's 20-year sentence for Riverside burglary overturned on Tuesday