Fire causes $5,000 in damage to St. Charles business
ST. CHARLES – A fire Thursday afternoon caused about $5,000 in damage to a St. Charles business, but all employees were able to evacuate, and there were no injuries, according to a news release issued by the St. Charles Fire Department.
St. Charles firefighters responded to a report of a ceiling on fire at 12:34 p.m. at Pactiv Corp., at 315 S. Kirk Road. Firefighters arrived at 12:36 p.m. and found a fire in the area of the bar joists supporting the roof in the manufacturing area. Firefighters were able to bring the fire under control in about 30 minutes.
According to its website, Pactiv is a provider of food service and packaging, and its lines include products used by the supermarket, packer/processor, institutional, food service and restaurant industries. The fire also caused an undetermined amount of damage to products.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation, but it is not considered suspicious, the release stated. The fire was reported by employees who were working in the area and observed a fire that covered a 10-by15-foot area and was spreading.
Firefighters remained on the scene until 3 p.m., conducting the investigation. Firefighters from Geneva, Batavia, Fermilab and West Chicago assisted.
More News News
- Bolingbrook's Parrker Westphal to play for Northwestern
- Century 21 of Lemont donates for Christmas dinners
- 4 downtown Glen Ellyn coffee shops to stop by for a pick-me-up while holiday shopping
- Gary Elementary in West Chicago donates to Unicef
- Carol Stream man sentenced to 33 years for sexually assaulting child
- Convicted murderer, kidnapper charged with 2 felonies in Carol Stream
- 5 activities for kids during winter break in Lemont
- Lemont Fire outsources dispatchers to Orland Park
- Lemont Junior Woman's Club hosts benefit breakfast with Santa at Cog Hill
- Former Wheaton resident with special needs gets new bike through community donations