Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka to present workshop in La Grange Jan. 10
LA GRANGE — The Office of Illinois Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka will present a “Budgeting Your Money” workshop in La Grange on Jan. 10 to assist residents in strengthening money management skills.
Part of the office’s “Take Charge” initiative, the budgeting workshop will take place from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. at the La Grange Public Library, 10 W. Cossitt Ave., and address everything from the tracking of daily expenses to personal budgeting.
Comptroller staff members also will be available for questions and to conduct “Check for Cash” searches on the state’s online database. “Check for Cash” seeks to reunite Illinois residents with their uncashed state checks.
“This presentation and discussion offers practical advice for managing dollars and saving money,” Topinka said. “Those skills are critical at any time, but particularly in this economy.”
For more information, or to arrange a customized workshop for a local group, call the Consumer Affairs Division at 217-782-2673.
More Local News News
- 5 activities for kids during winter break
- Lemont Fire outsources dispatchers to Orland Park
- Lemont Junior Woman's Club hosts benefit breakfast with Santa at Cog Hill
- Former Wheaton resident with special needs gets new bike through community donations
- Gowerpalooza returns for 8th year: 6 photos