Two running uncontested for Downers Grove Park District board
One incumbent and one newcomer are running for two seats on the Downers Grove Park District board in April’s election.
Commissioner Matt Cushing will be joined on the ballot by Damienne Colleen Souter, who is running for Janet Barr’s open seat. Barr did not file for re-election last week.
Candidates had until Dec. 26 to submit the paperwork to join the race.
On April 9, residents will vote in the park district election as well as for four seats on the Downers Grove Village Council as well as the Community High School District 99 and School District 58 school boards.
More Government News
- Village Board to vote on new housing development at next meeting
- Lemont Village Board debates rezoning residential property on State Street
- Elmhurst City Council set to suspend rear yard drain program
- Fire district set for new year
- Taxes, denial and alcohol: The 3 biggest stories of the Wheaton City Council's final meeting of 2013