Trustees to discuss proposed amendments Thursday
LOMBARD — At Thursday night’s Board of Trustees meeting, Lombard’s elected officials will scheduled to discuss proposed amendments that would change how the village selects individuals to serve in the president pro tem and temporary positions.
These proposed amendments come just a few months after the board spent multiple meetings deliberating over which one of the six would serve in the acting village president position following the death of the late president Bill Mueller.
During this discussion, half of the board supported appointing Trustee Greg Gron, District 1 and president pro tem, to the position. Gron is the most senior trustee on the board, which is why he had the pro tem distinction. The other three trustees opposed his appointment.
The amendments that will go before the board Thursday night would make the entire board responsible for selecting a president pro tem and chairman pro tem. This individual would hold the designation until an election where a new trustee joins the board or until he or she is removed from the position by a majority vote from the board.
The trustee approved by the board will fulfill the duties of the village president when he or she is temporarily unable to serve, and will be responsible for serving as chairman over any Village Board meetings that the president cannot attend.
At the same meeting, trustees will review a resolution that would give each of the board’s main advisory committees the responsibility to provide supervision and oversight to each of the village’s departments.
More Local News News
- 4 downtown Glen Ellyn coffee shops to stop by for a pick-me-up while holiday shopping
- Gary Elementary in West Chicago donates to Unicef
- Carol Stream man sentenced to 33 years for sexually assaulting child
- Convicted murderer, kidnapper charged with 2 felonies in Carol Stream
- 5 activities for kids during winter break in Lemont
- Lemont Fire outsources dispatchers to Orland Park
- Lemont Junior Woman's Club hosts benefit breakfast with Santa at Cog Hill
- Former Wheaton resident with special needs gets new bike through community donations
- Gowerpalooza returns for 8th year: 6 photos
- Dog being walked dies after falling into Des Plaines River in Riverside