Ice skaters can check daily ice conditions for Westmont ice rinks
The Westmont Park District has two ice rinks that are set up at Veteran’s Memorial Park this winter for residents looking to lace up their ice skates.
The rinks, one for hockey, the other for open family skating, will be open daily based on ice conditions. Skaters looking to use the rinks can check the Park District website each day to see if the rinks are open for use. There is no charge to use the rinks.
Rinks will be open or closed each day based on the safety of the ice, as district officials have said that six inches of ice is needed to make them safe to skate on, which requires multiple days of below freezing temperatures in order to achieve that.
For information, contact the Park District at 630-963-5252.
More News News
- Pedestrian hit by train Friday in Glen Ellyn has died
- Bensenville police shoot man who allegedly drew gun
- Glen Ellyn Wheaton Community Associates of the Art Institute celebrate 'A Gem of a Holiday'
- Bolingbrook's Parrker Westphal to play for Northwestern
- Century 21 of Lemont donates for Christmas dinners
- 4 downtown Glen Ellyn coffee shops to stop by for a pick-me-up while holiday shopping
- Gary Elementary in West Chicago donates to Unicef
- Carol Stream man sentenced to 33 years for sexually assaulting child
- Convicted murderer, kidnapper charged with 2 felonies in Carol Stream
- 5 activities for kids during winter break in Lemont