Geneva's Family Pantry owner charged with selling illegal fireworks
Chiragkuman K. Chavda, 39, of the 1200 block of Oak Ridge Drive, Streamwood, was charged Thursday, Dec. 27, with unlawfully and knowingly offering fireworks for sale other than as authorized in the Fireworks Regulation Act of Illinois.
According to police reports, officers were first called to Longview Drive and Hill Avenue for a complaint of shots fired or fireworks.
Police spoke with some who were setting off firecrackers, who told officers they bought them at Family Pantry.
Chavada is owner and manager of Family Pantry, 1409 E. State St., in Geneva
More News News
- Progressive Village Performance Network's holiday show set for Dec. 13, 15
- ‘Small Business Saturday’ catching on in Lombard
- All-State Play puts Glenbard East director, student in spotlight
- La Grange's Hometown Holiday features shopping deals, activities for all ages
- Lemont High School to showcase musicians for the holidays
- Man sentenced to 8 years for attempted armed robbery of Oak Brook jewelry store
- Westchester student participates in selective agriculture conference
- LT provides gifts for 125 underprivileged children
- Park District of La Grange Park offers kids' ornament-making class
- Principle Dance Company presents 'The Nutcracker Ballet' on Sunday in Riverside