No leads in Batavia bank robbery
The FBI continues to investigate Saturday’s armed robbery at Old Second National Bank.
The FBI Chicago field office did not have any new information to release on Wednesday about the robbery, which occurred at 10:08 a.m. Saturday at Old Second National Bank, 1078 E. Wilson St. No one was injured in the robbery.
The suspect is described as a white man approximately 25 to 30 years old and 5 feet 9 or 5 feet 10 inches tall. He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt with the hood pulled over his head, a black scarf covering his face up to his eyes and blue jeans.
He showed a black semi-automatic handgun and took an unknown amount of money, according to police. The suspect left in a small white or light-colored four-door sedan.
According to the website www.bandittrackerchicago.com, there have been 215 bank robberies in the Chicago area this year, up from 115 last year.
Anyone with information is asked to call the FBI Chicago field office at 312-421-6700.
More News News
- Downtown Glen Ellyn businesses donate portion of Thursday sales to charity
- Santa to visit Glen Ellyn Dec. 14
- Glen Ellyn District 89 bands to present winter concert
- Mariano's a welcome addition to Western Springs
- Community High School in West Chicago to hold annual variety show