No leads in Batavia bank robbery
The FBI continues to investigate Saturday’s armed robbery at Old Second National Bank.
The FBI Chicago field office did not have any new information to release on Wednesday about the robbery, which occurred at 10:08 a.m. Saturday at Old Second National Bank, 1078 E. Wilson St. No one was injured in the robbery.
The suspect is described as a white man approximately 25 to 30 years old and 5 feet 9 or 5 feet 10 inches tall. He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt with the hood pulled over his head, a black scarf covering his face up to his eyes and blue jeans.
He showed a black semi-automatic handgun and took an unknown amount of money, according to police. The suspect left in a small white or light-colored four-door sedan.
According to the website www.bandittrackerchicago.com, there have been 215 bank robberies in the Chicago area this year, up from 115 last year.
Anyone with information is asked to call the FBI Chicago field office at 312-421-6700.
More News News
- A winter walk: Wheaton celebrates downtown businesses with Dickens of a Christmas Stroll
- Community Corner: Boloney's Sandwich Shop
- Willowbrook revenues rise, expensive projects linger
- Hazardous weather expected to impact Wednesday morning rush hour
- Mayor Straub reflects on challenging first months in office