Juvenile charged for reportedly carrying gun in Geneva
Geneva police took a male juvenile into custody Tuesday after he was seen carrying what had been believed to be an AK-47 rifle.
According to Geneva Police Cmdr. Julie Nash, authorities received a call shortly before noon about the juvenile walking down Route 31 near Stevens Street in Geneva wearing camouflage and carrying the rifle.
After he was taken into custody, police determined that he was carrying an air soft rifle.
The juvenile, who is from the St. Louis area and was in town visiting family, is being charged with disorderly conduct and was referred to a juvenile officer for final disposition.
Police are not releasing the juvenile’s name.
More News News
- Jury convicts Bolingbrook man of sex trafficking four victims, including minor
- Finances for Hahn Street proposals prove difficult to compare
- D-41 Board passes $45M property tax levy
- Ken Loch rezoning approved by DuPage County Board
- Office Depot passes on Naperville headquarters for Florida