Juvenile charged for reportedly carrying gun in Geneva
Geneva police took a male juvenile into custody Tuesday after he was seen carrying what had been believed to be an AK-47 rifle.
According to Geneva Police Cmdr. Julie Nash, authorities received a call shortly before noon about the juvenile walking down Route 31 near Stevens Street in Geneva wearing camouflage and carrying the rifle.
After he was taken into custody, police determined that he was carrying an air soft rifle.
The juvenile, who is from the St. Louis area and was in town visiting family, is being charged with disorderly conduct and was referred to a juvenile officer for final disposition.
Police are not releasing the juvenile’s name.
More News News
- Lights of Lisle: 5 photos
- Brookfield Holiday Walk:5 photos
- Annual Hinsdale Chamber of Commerce Christmas Walk:5 photos
- Bloomingdale Meijer sells $1M lottery ticket
- Happy Hands preschoolers give thanks for grandparents in Lemont
- Clinic to offer pet vaccines, testing in Lemont
- John Belushi, Randy Pfund inducted into Wheaton Community High Schools Hall of Fame
- Glen Crest lunch ladies receive award
- DuPage Stormwater Management asks residents to reduce use of road salt this winter
- Riverside man charged with DUI in bicyclist death in Chicago