Downers Grove to offer free Christmas tree pick-up starting Monday
DOWNERS GROVE — Keep the decorations up a few days longer: The village will begin offering free Christmas tree removal starting Monday and lasting through January.
Trees that are free of decorations, hooks, lights and tinsel will be picked up curbside from Republic Services between next week and Jan. 11. Trees should not be placed in bags.
Also, in the next two weeks the village will be delaying garbage and recycling pick-up one day on account of the holidays. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday collection will be pushed back to the next day.
Finally, the village is offering holiday light recycling now through February. Lights and cords can be dropped off at Downers Grove Public Works, 5101 Walnut Ave., weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Accetable items include mini-lights (also known as Italian lights), C7 lights, C9 lights, rope lights, LED lights and extension cords.
More Mobile News
- Pedestrian hit by train Friday in Glen Ellyn has died
- Bensenville police shoot man who allegedly drew gun
- Glen Ellyn Wheaton Community Associates of the Art Institute celebrate 'A Gem of a Holiday'
- Bolingbrook's Parrker Westphal to play for Northwestern
- Century 21 of Lemont donates for Christmas dinners
- 4 downtown Glen Ellyn coffee shops to stop by for a pick-me-up while holiday shopping
- Gary Elementary in West Chicago donates to Unicef
- Carol Stream man sentenced to 33 years for sexually assaulting child
- Convicted murderer, kidnapper charged with 2 felonies in Carol Stream
- Glenbard North's Flanigan closes out Glenbard East