David LaBrash: Many people deserve thanks for their help during term as president
I am in my last weeks of a two-year term as president of the Westmont Chamber of Commerce and Tourism Bureau and would like to take this opportunity to thank several folks for their support, assistance and guidance during my term.
First, I would like to thank all the volunteers who served on committees, helped out at events and got involved. The mission of my term was support and involvement, and we had a large group of people who did just that. Without you, the events the chamber hosted would not have happened.
Second, I would like to thank the folks who served on the board of directors for the chamber. Again, these folks stepped up and put in the time and supported all of our events. Within this group, I would especially like to thank those who served on the executive board: Gregg Pill, Tammi Karam, Bill Kalafut and Alison Clemens, who all put in extra hours of support and guidance.
Third, I’d like to thank the staff of the Westmont Chamber of Commerce and Tourism Bureau: Mary Dawes, Louise Miller and Larry Forssberg. These folks put in many, many hours setting up, monitoring, inputting, answering, selling, cleaning, etc. They are the backbone of the chamber and deserve the gratitude of everyone in the business community of Westmont, whether you are a chamber member or not.
Finally, I’d like to say thank you to all of the village, school and park officials for their support of me and the chamber over the past two years. To all chamber members, please stay involved and use the chamber to its fullest. Get involved; meet and get to know people. It is the best and least expensive marketing tool around.
Thanks again, and best wishes for a very successful 2013!
David LaBrash is the president of the Westmont Chamber of Commerce and Tourism Bureau
More Westmont News
- Residents reminded to walk pets carefully after family loses puppy in hit-and-run
- The Grinch returns to Westmont Saturday
- Police reports: Westmont for Dec. 18
- Trojans hope to stay on roll during holiday tourney
- Holiday tourney time for Mustangs, Sentinels
- Westmont First Committee combining local business promotions
- Westmont brings back environmental commission for green efforts
- $24M in facility improvements up to Westmont D-201 voters
- Westmont Library to host Broadway concert Dec. 29
- DuPage County reminds residents of warming locations as temperatures drop