York grad wins NAIA football title with Marian University
Dan Brunke wins a collegiate national title
|Marian University senior Dan Brunke with the NAIA Championship Trophy. (Submitted photo)|
York graduate Dan Brunke helped the Marian University football team win the 2012 NAIA College Football National Championship.
The Indianapolis-based school went 12-1 on the season and beat Morningside College 30-27 in overtime in the champsionship game Dec. 13 in Rome, Ga.
Brunke is a senior defensive captain for the Knights that was on York's 2006 team that made the Class 8A semifinals. He was at Harper College for a year when they won the Junior College National Championship in 2008. After transferring to Marian Brunke spent five years with the school, receiving a medical redshirt in 2010.
More Elmhurst News
- D-205 board passes $103M tax levy
- Elmhurst Heritage Foundation receives grant for Carl Sandburg series
- Kross family establishes Elmhurst College music scholarship
- Elmhurst City Council approves $57.6M budget despite pushback
- DuPage County reminds residents of warming locations as temperatures drop