Willowbrook students help package food at the Humanitarian Service Project
Student from the classes of Willowbrook special education teachers Chris Perkins and Peggy Wealton visited the Humanitarian Service Project in Carol Stream on Nov. 29 where they helped package food for the holidays.
The Humanitarian Service Project supports needy families and children in DuPage County by providing them with food, personal care items and other support.
This is the fifth year that Wealton’s class has volunteered with the non-profit and she said it always brings out the best in her students.
More News News
- West Chicago District 33 names new superintendent
- Glen Ellyn police respond to alleged assault by Hadley student against staff member
- Residents reminded to walk pets carefully after family loses puppy in hit-and-run
- Five things we learned at Tuesday's Downers Grove Council meeting
- Lemont District 113A approves $750,000 technology upgrade plan