Police: Driver in Riverside crash high on heroin
RIVERSIDE — A 30-year-old driver involved in a two-car crash Dec. 4 at the corner of Harlem and Ogden avenues in Riverside allegedly was high on heroin, police said.
According to police reports, Michael Ring, of the 19000 block of East County Line Road in Maple Park, rear-ended another car that day. After he allegedly told police he didn’t know what happened, Ring admitted to consuming two bags of heroin “a couple of minutes prior” to the accident, police said. Ring also had fresh needle tracks on his arm, according to police reports.
The other driver was not injured in the crash. Ring was charged with three moving violations, including driving under the influence of drugs.
More Police Reports News
- Police reports: La Grange, La Grange Park, Western Springs and Westchester for Dec. 18
- Police reports: Brookfield and Lyons for Dec. 18
- Police reports: Berwyn and Cicero for Dec. 18
- Police reports: Bolingbrook for Dec. 18
- Police reports: Lisle for Dec. 18