(Page Title) - edit me
The Lemont Village Board will hold a meeting Monday night to discuss establishing a street and bridge tax along with a street lighting tax.
The Village of Lemont is authorized to levy an annual tax of .06 percent for street and bridge purposes.
The trustees may also add an additional .04 percent tax levy if three-fourths of the elected members desire to create the additional tax. The board is proposing an approval of the increase tax levy.
An increase in the levy will be enacted for street and bridge purposes, beginning in the current fiscal year, which runs through April 30, 2013.
The board will also look at establishing a street lighting tax of .05 percent for the purpose of lighting streets beginning this fiscal year.
Also on the agenda, the board will vote on designating St. Matthew Evangelical Lutheran Church, 301 Lemont St., as a landmark. If approved, this will be the 11th landmark in the Village of Lemont.
To view the agenda, click here.
More News News
- Carol Stream Park District offers elf workshop for kids
- Police reports for Hinsdale, Darien
- Future of Keepataw Days in doubt, Lemont festival organizers disbanding
- Metropolitan Family Services helps the hungry this holiday with ingredient distribution
- Glen Ellyn organization makes final plea for donations to meet holiday needs