Brookfield man charged with DUI after crash
A 33-year-old Brookfield man was charged with driving under the influence of both alcohol and cocaine after allegedly crashing his car into a tree in the 4500 block of Madison Avenue on Thursday, police said.
About 2:54 a.m., police found Joseph Genna, of 4516 Madison Ave., sitting on the ground beside his car, which had hopped the curb and struck a tree, according to police reports. Officers reported a strong odor of alcohol on Genna, who in turn allegedly told police he had “a lot” to drink.
Genna told police he hadn’t taken any drugs, but after being taken by ambulance to Adventist La Grange Memorial Hospital for treatment, including a blood test, cocaine was discovered in his system, according to police reports. Genna also reportedly had a 0.218 blood-alcohol content level.
He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and driving under the influence of drugs, as well as issued citations for improper lane use, failure to reduce speed, driving without a driver’s license and driving without insurance, police said.
More Local News News
- Carol Stream Park District executive director named head of DuPage Forest Preserve District
- Man accused of hitting 8 cars in downtown Elmhurst, assaulting officer not yet identified
- Hinsdale property tax levy, ice rink construction approved
- Photo calendar raises money for Bridge Communities
- Darien Lions Club collecting for annual food basket program