Downers Grove deputy chief to take over Crystal Lake police department
A Downers Grove deputy police chief has been tapped as the new leader of the Crystal Lake Police Department.
City officials this week announced the appointment of James Black as the new police chief, replacing longtime Crystal Lake police Chief Dave Linder, who will retire at the end of the year.
Black, a graduate of the FBI National Academy and Northwestern University School of Police Staff and Command, has been a member of the Downers Grove Police Department for the past 25 years. He has spent the last six years as deputy chief.
“Chief [Dave] Linder has been a dedicated professional and will be missed," city manager Gary Mayerhofer said in a news release. “I am confident that Chief [James] Black will continue to make certain that the police department provides the highest level of professional service to the community.”
Black will take over as chief Jan. 7, 2013.
He was one of 77 applicants.
More Downers Grove News
- FISH Food Pantry in need of new cargo van
- Five things we learned at Tuesday's Downers Grove Council meeting
- Downers Grove Park District offers Christmas tree recycling
- Police reports: Downers Grove for Dec. 18
- Trojans hope to stay on roll during holiday tourney