Woodridge teens collecting shoes for charity
Have an old pair of shoes that are in decent shape but you don’t want to wear anymore? Donate them to the Woodridge Public Library for a worthy cause.
The Library’s Group of Advising Teens group is collecting used or new shoes during December. The shoes will be donated to Soles4Souls, a Nashville-based charity that collects the shoes and distributes them to people in need.
Since 2005, the group has distributed more than 19 million pairs of shoes to people in 125 countries, including the U.S., library officials said.
Shoes can be dropped of anytime during regular library hours.
For information, visit the library’s website at www.woodridgelibrary.org.
More Local News News
- West Chicago District 33 names new superintendent
- Residents reminded to walk pets carefully after family loses puppy in hit-and-run
- Five things we learned at Tuesday's Downers Grove Council meeting
- Lemont District 113A approves $750,000 technology upgrade plan
- WDSRA Foundation names new board chairman