Prep Roundup- York boys basketball takes first loss
IC and Timothy Christian battled in boys basketball action
David Cohn was named tournament MVP and Justin Kurash was named to the all-tournament team at Palatine. The Dukes claimed the title with a 4-0 record. After beating Alcott Nov. 20, they topped Rolling Meadows (46-31) and Niles North (65-42) in pool play. In Saturday’s final, York beat Waubonsie Valley 67-49. The Dukes fell at Benet 49-44 on Tuesday. They open conference play Friday at Proviso West.
The Knights opened the Westminster Christian Thanksgiving Tournament 3-0 before falling to St. Edward 51-39 in the final on Saturday. IC followed that up with a Tuesday double-overtime loss at Timothy Christian, 68-61. Clark Brinkman scored 26 and Demetrius Carr had 19 points.
Connor VanderBrug averaged 14 points per game at the Lisle Thanksgiving Tournament to earn a spot on the all-tournament team. The Trojans went 1-3 at the tournament. They snapped a three-game losing streak by beating Immaculate Conception 68-61 in double overtime on Tuesday. VanderBrug had 24 points and 10 rebounds and Danny Leach scored 14, including a game-tying bucket with six seconds left in regulation.
The Dukes finished up their Thanksgiving tournament last Nov. 21 with a 46-24 loss to Neuqua Valley. York went 3-2 at the tournament. The Dukes opened up conference play with a 52-33 loss Tuesday at Hinsdale Central.
The Knights opened 3-0 at its own tournament before dropping the finale to Kaneland 33-27 on Friday. IC rebounded with a 46-43 win over St. Francis on Tuesday.
The Trojans lost the Metro Suburban Conference opener at Glenbard South 43-33 on Tuesday to fall to 1-3 on the season.
The Dukes were seventh at the Hinsdale South Invite Nov. 21 with 123.2 points.
More Mobile News
- Glenbard East holds annual Cookies and Carol concert: 5 photos
- Lemont District 113A to move fifth grade to River Valley
- District 210 passes proposed tax levy
- Whitman: The La Grange Park library makes the holidays better
- Weitzel: Riverside officers honored for serving community
- Glen Ellyn trustee resigns to pursue out-of-state career opportunity
- Alba: Sleigh bells are ringing at the Stickney-Forest View Public Library
- Police reports: La Grange, La Grange Park, Western Springs and Westchester for Dec. 18
- D-205 board passes $103M tax levy
- Police reports: Brookfield and Lyons for Dec. 18