Prep Roundup- Montini girls basketball wins tournament
Willowbrook girls basketball knocked off Addison Trail in a conference opener
The Rams rebounded from a 55-54 loss to Glenbard West in the District 87 Tournament last Wednesday by taking out Rich South 63-53 on Tuesday. JaRon Hall scored 21 points in the win. The 3-1 Rams open DuPage Valley Conference action against Naperville Central on Friday in Lombard.
The Blazers went 1-4 at the West Chicago Tournament following three straight losses. They lost to Lake Zurich (57-50), King (63-34) and Geneva (54-44) over the last week.
The Warriors sandwiched wins over Lindblom (56-41) and St. Laurence (62-53) with a loss to tournament host Stagg (62-53) last week. Willowbrook opens conference play Friday at Hinsdale South.
Logan Goss led the Broncos with 16 points in a 52-39 win over St. Edward in Montini’s opening game of the Aurora Christian Tournament on Wednesday. Simmie Cobbs scored 15.
East lost to district-rival Glenbard North 33-28 in the final game of the Rachel Bach Tournament last Wednesday. Allison Hansen’s 11 points led the Rams.
The Broncos finished off the tournament title at Schaumburg with a 46-35 win over the hosts on Friday. On Tuesday, they beat St. Edward 71-9.
A 69-39 loss to Willowbrook on Tuesday snapped a three-game winning streak for the Blazers. Kelsey Horvath scored 14 points. The Blazers are 3-3.
Anita Sterling led the way with 13 points in a 69-39 win over Addison Trail. It snapped a two-game losing streak for the 5-2 Warriors. Melissa Rader and Colleen Krawczykowski each scored nine in the West Suburban Gold opener for both teams.
Dual wins over Maine West (47-21), Highland Park (66-17) and Grayslake Central (42-26) got the Blazers off on the right foot for the season. They have a conference dual against Downers Grove South on Friday.
The Rams were eighth at the Hinsdale South Invite Nov. 21 with 122.2 points.
More Mobile News
- Residents reminded to walk pets carefully after family loses puppy in hit-and-run
- Five things we learned at Tuesday's Downers Grove Council meeting
- Lemont District 113A approves $750,000 technology upgrade plan
- WDSRA Foundation names new board chairman
- Shaw names 3 to vice president posts
- Glen Crest students receive dodgeball reward for food pantry donations
- Depot District’s Serendipity Antiques selling memories
- Berkeley dedicates renovated Village Hall, police station
- BEDS Plus planning housing development in Countryside
- Community garden plots available for La Grange, Countryside residents