Verizon Wireless sponsors toy drive for children of domestic violence victims
The Verizon Wireless "Hope for the Holidays Toy Drive" began Wednesday to help bring joy to children of domestic violence victims this holiday season.
The drive will benefit domestic violence agencies throughout Illinois, including Mutual Ground in Aurora.
Community members can donate items through Dec. 15 at any participating Verizon Wireless
Communications store in the Chicago area.
Participating Chicago-area locations include:
• 1801 W. Lake St., Addison
• 740 N. Route 59, Aurora
• 1404 Butterfield Road, Downers Grove
• 560 W. St. Charles Road, Elmhurst
• 2201 S. Wolf Road, Hillside
• 111 E. Ogden Ave., Naperville
• 1852 Towne Center Drive, North Aurora
• 109 W. Geneva Road, Wheaton
• 7450 Kingery Road, Willowbrook
All donations must be new, packaged and unwrapped. Some ideas for donations include coloring books, crayons, board games, cars/trucks, dolls, action figures, stuffed animals, arts and crafts kits and G-rated DVD's.
More News News
- Carol Stream man sentenced to 33 years for sexually assaulting child
- Convicted murderer, kidnapper charged with 2 felonies in Carol Stream
- 5 activities for kids during winter break
- Lemont Fire outsources dispatchers to Orland Park
- Lemont Junior Woman's Club hosts benefit breakfast with Santa at Cog Hill
- Former Wheaton resident with special needs gets new bike through community donations
- Gowerpalooza returns for 8th year: 6 photos
- Dog being walked dies after falling into Des Plaines River in Riverside
- Train hits pedestrian in Glen Ellyn
- Wheaton League of Women Voters celebrate member's 50 years of service