Water main break causes Western Springs to institute water boil
A water main break Monday night near the base of the Western Springs Water Tower sent nearly a million gallons of water into a park and has caused the village to issue a boil order of all water.
The water main broke about 2 a.m., but no one was made aware until 5 a.m. when a public works employee saw it and contacted the water department.
The village notified residents through phone calls to boil water for several minutes, in case bacteria may have infiltrated the system. Residents can shower and use washing machines if appliances are set to a high temperature or santize wash.
Residents can call police at 708-246-8540, the public works department at 708-246-1800 ext. 200 or the water department at 708-246-1800 ext. 215 for more information.
More News News
- Pedestrian hit by train Friday in Glen Ellyn has died
- Bensenville police shoot man who allegedly drew gun
- Glen Ellyn Wheaton Community Associates of the Art Institute celebrate 'A Gem of a Holiday'
- Bolingbrook's Parrker Westphal to play for Northwestern
- Century 21 of Lemont donates for Christmas dinners
- 4 downtown Glen Ellyn coffee shops to stop by for a pick-me-up while holiday shopping
- Gary Elementary in West Chicago donates to Unicef
- Carol Stream man sentenced to 33 years for sexually assaulting child
- Convicted murderer, kidnapper charged with 2 felonies in Carol Stream
- 5 activities for kids during winter break in Lemont