Lombard Village Hall to serve as drop-off point for holiday charity drives
The Village of Lombard is working in partnership with the Lombard VFW Lilac Post 5815 to collect snacks and personal care items for military troops overseas, and a drop-off box is located in the lobby of Village Hall.
Some of the most-frequently requested items from troops are non-perishable food items like peanut butter and jelly, crackers, canned fruit and pasta, beef jerky, nuts, Pringles, coffee, hot chocolate and tea. Popular personal care items include simple medical supplies like eye drops, antacids, vitamins, Q-tips and heat wraps, along with shaving cream, hand lotion, deodorant and bar soap.
Residents can also write letters to the troops and place them in the collection boxes at Village Hall.
In addition to the holiday drive for the troops, the Village of Lombard is also running its annual food drive to benefit the Lombard/Villa Park Food Pantry. Non-perishable foods and paper items are being accepted, as is cash, which can be placed in designated envelopes located next to the drop-off bins.
The Lombard Fire Department is still collecting new, unwrapped toy donations for the annual toy parade, scheduled for Dec. 8.
Any questions about the scheduled drives can be directed to the village at (630) 620-5718.
More News News
- Carol Stream Park District offers elf workshop for kids
- Police reports for Hinsdale, Darien
- Future of Keepataw Days in doubt, Lemont festival organizers disbanding
- Metropolitan Family Services helps the hungry this holiday with ingredient distribution
- Glen Ellyn organization makes final plea for donations to meet holiday needs