Thanksgiving fire causes $19,000 in damage
Batavia firefighters battled a garage fire on Thanksgiving afternoon at 541 N. Washington Ave.
No one was injured, but the fire caused about $19,000 in damage, including $8,000 in damage to a vehicle in the garage.
Firefighters responded about 11:30 a.m. and remained until about 1 p.m.
The fire was contained to the garage and residents were able to remain in the house on the property after power and natural gas utilities were restored.
Fire officials said drywall was a key factor in containing the fire to the garage area, but the cause of the fire remains under investigation.
More News News
- Moms who want stronger gun laws to hold vigil in Western Springs
- New device at McCook quarry could help explain Nov. 4 earthquake
- Longtime Westmont insurance agent remembered for class, service
- Police reports for Elmhurst
- Lemont celebrates Hometown Holiday: 6 photos