Thanksgiving fire causes $19,000 in damage
Batavia firefighters battled a garage fire on Thanksgiving afternoon at 541 N. Washington Ave.
No one was injured, but the fire caused about $19,000 in damage, including $8,000 in damage to a vehicle in the garage.
Firefighters responded about 11:30 a.m. and remained until about 1 p.m.
The fire was contained to the garage and residents were able to remain in the house on the property after power and natural gas utilities were restored.
Fire officials said drywall was a key factor in containing the fire to the garage area, but the cause of the fire remains under investigation.
More News News
- Case-by-case approach suggested for new construction storm water requirements
- Crazy Pour hopes to cater to all
- Unitarian Church of Hinsdale to host holiday events
- District 2 Community Relations Coordinator earns APR
- York High School named GRAMMY Signature Schools Semifinalist again