Rotary Club of Darien donates dictionary to Darien, Lemont third-graders
The Rotary Club of Darien gave each third-grader in Darien and Lemont schools their own dictionary as part of its annual Dictionary Project.
The club, which serves both Darien and Lemont, hosts the annual project to promote education and literacy. Funding for this project comes from the club’s annual auction.
“In first and second grade students learn to read,” Brian Andersen, club member and former district governor said in a press release. “In third grade, they start reading to learn.”
This year’s program distributed 532 dictionaries in Darien and 175 in Lemont. Since the program’s inception, more than 5,300 dictionaries have been distributed to nine schools.
For more information on the dictionary project, visit www.dictionaryproject.org
To learn more about the Rotary Club of Darien visit www.darienrotaryclub.org.
More News News
- Police reports: Glen Ellyn for Dec. 19
- Police reports: West Chicago for Dec. 19
- Police reports: Wheaton for Dec. 19
- Police reports: Carol Stream for Dec. 20
- Police reports: Lemont for Dec. 13
- Westfield Ford named company's first LEED-certified dealer in state
- West Chicago District 33 names new superintendent
- Glen Ellyn police respond to alleged assault by Hadley student against staff member
- Residents reminded to walk pets carefully after family loses puppy in hit-and-run
- Five things we learned at Tuesday's Downers Grove Council meeting