Jackson Elementary School running club competes in Turkey Trot after weeks of training
Following eight weeks of training, the Jackson Elementary School running club ran in the Dan Gibbon's Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning.
In its fifth year, the Jackson Runners is still the most popular club at the school with 80 members, the school said.
Next week at school the runners will receive a Turkey Charm for completing the trot.
Each week of training they receive a foot charm for every mile completed and all the runners who completed the Turkey Trot will display their new Turkey Charm, the school said. Jackson Elementary School Principal Ryan Anderson also ran with the team.
The Jackson Runners are coached by George and Linda Bode, volunteers and Jackson parents.
The Jackson Runners will get together again in the spring for another eight weeks of training and prepare for the Annie Ryan Race in May.
More News News
- Pedestrian hit by train Friday in Glen Ellyn has died
- Bensenville police shoot man who allegedly drew gun
- Glen Ellyn Wheaton Community Associates of the Art Institute celebrate 'A Gem of a Holiday'
- Bolingbrook's Parrker Westphal to play for Northwestern
- Century 21 of Lemont donates for Christmas dinners
- 4 downtown Glen Ellyn coffee shops to stop by for a pick-me-up while holiday shopping
- Gary Elementary in West Chicago donates to Unicef
- Carol Stream man sentenced to 33 years for sexually assaulting child
- Convicted murderer, kidnapper charged with 2 felonies in Carol Stream
- 5 activities for kids during winter break in Lemont