Fire damages Glen Ellyn home Friday
|Members of the Glen Ellyn Volunteer Fire Company rush to the scene of the fire late Friday afternoon in the 100 block of Park Boulevard. (Matt Piechalak)|
A fire in a Glen Ellyn single-family home Friday afternoon significantly damaged parts of the home but caused no injuries, according to a news release from the Glen Ellyn Volunteer Fire Company.
The fire at the house in the 100 block of Park Boulevard was reported at 4:48 p.m. When members of the fire company arrived, they found smoke coming from a fire inside one of the bedrooms.
The fire was extinguished, and the house was cleared of smoke. The fire damaged a bedroom and hallway, but all residents safely evacuated the home.
The fire remains under investigation, according to the release.
More News News
- Bolingbrook's Parrker Westphal to play for Northwestern
- Century 21 of Lemont donates for Christmas dinners
- 4 downtown Glen Ellyn coffee shops to stop by for a pick-me-up while holiday shopping
- Gary Elementary in West Chicago donates to Unicef
- Carol Stream man sentenced to 33 years for sexually assaulting child
- Convicted murderer, kidnapper charged with 2 felonies in Carol Stream
- 5 activities for kids during winter break in Lemont
- Lemont Fire outsources dispatchers to Orland Park
- Lemont Junior Woman's Club hosts benefit breakfast with Santa at Cog Hill
- Former Wheaton resident with special needs gets new bike through community donations