Downers Grove ‘Holiday Shoppe’ collects presents for domestic abuse victims
Beginning next week, Downers Grove’s Family Shelter will collect holiday gifts for mothers and children affected by domestic abuse.
The annual Holiday Shoppe begins Dec. 5. New and unwrapped gifts can be dropped off at the Downers Grove Community Counseling Center, 7300 Main St. Gift cards are also greatly appreciated, officials say, because they “enable women and children to purchase the items they need throughout the year as they begin their journey to independence.”
The Holiday Shoppe drop-off times are from 4 to 8 p.m. Dec. 5; noon to 7 p.m. Dec. 6; and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dec. 7. For more information, call (630) 221-8290.
More Archive News
- West Chicago City Museum removes artist from exhibit after minstrel show hoax
- Dan Sanko steps down as Lisle High School football coach
- DGS duo helps Butler football to benchmark season
- Bolingbrook's Devonte Jones goes out on high note with Illinois Wesleyan football
- Gabby Sims' success boosts Downers North swimming to second place in state