Westchester Relay for Life raises $27K
Relay For Life of Westchester was awarded the American Cancer Society’s prestigious Relay All Star Award at the Society’s recent Relay Leadership Summit in Itasca, Ill.
This year, Relay For Life of Westchester raised about $27,000 with nearly 75 participants.
“By supporting Relay For Life of Westchester, our volunteers are helping us save more lives faster,” said Alan D. Lev, chairman of the board of the American Cancer Society’s Illinois Division. “We invite all Westchester residents to join us in fighting for every birthday threatened by cancer at this year’s Relay.”
More News News
- Carol Stream man sentenced to 33 years for sexually assaulting child
- Convicted murderer, kidnapper charged with 2 felonies in Carol Stream
- 5 activities for kids during winter break
- Lemont Fire outsources dispatchers to Orland Park
- Lemont Junior Woman's Club hosts benefit breakfast with Santa at Cog Hill
- Former Wheaton resident with special needs gets new bike through community donations
- Gowerpalooza returns for 8th year: 6 photos
- Dog being walked dies after falling into Des Plaines River in Riverside
- Train hits pedestrian in Glen Ellyn
- Wheaton League of Women Voters celebrate member's 50 years of service