Irving Elementary in Berwyn wins national Title 1 honors
Irving Elementary School in South Berwyn School District 100 was named as one of two schools in the state and one of 100 schools in the country as a 2012 National Title 1 Distinguished School.
The program aims to recognize schools that have made significant positive educational advances in spite of the low-income status that gives the school Title 1 funds.
Irving was recognized for its advances in closing the achievement gap between student groups.
The school will be recognized during the National Title 1 Conference, which takes place from Jan. 21-24, 2013, in Nashville, Tenn. The Illinois State Board of Education will cover travel expenses for four local educators to attend the conference.
More News News
- District 210 passes proposed tax levy
- Glen Ellyn trustee resigns to pursue out-of-state career opportunity
- Police reports: La Grange, La Grange Park, Western Springs and Westchester for Dec. 18
- D-205 board passes $103M tax levy
- Police reports: Brookfield and Lyons for Dec. 18