National Healthcare organizations accredit Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare cancer programs and breast center
Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare announced today that its cancer program and breast center have received full accreditation from the American College of Surgeon’s Commission on Cancer (ACoS – CoC) and National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers ( NAPBC).
“These accreditations measure our compliance with national standards and guidelines to ensure that our patients receive the highest quality of care,” said Jean Lydon, associate vice-president for Patient Care Services at EMHC. “Providing comprehensive, multidisciplinary care to all of our patients is our top priority and we are always looking for new ways raise the bar on the quality of care.”
Applying for and maintaining ACoS-CoC accreditation is a voluntary commitment by a cancer program that ensures its patients will have access to the full scope of services required to diagnose, treat, rehabilitate, and support patients with cancer and their families, according to the hospital.
A cancer program is able to continually evaluate its performance and take proactive corrective action when necessary.
More News News
- Carol Stream Park District offers elf workshop for kids
- Police reports for Hinsdale, Darien
- Future of Keepataw Days in doubt, Lemont festival organizers disbanding
- Metropolitan Family Services helps the hungry this holiday with ingredient distribution
- Glen Ellyn organization makes final plea for donations to meet holiday needs