Lemont Police Department reminds residents of holiday safety tips
The Lemont Police Department is reminding residents to take extra precautions during the holiday season.
While shopping, police suggest parking in well lit areas and locking doors; purchases should be placed in the trunk out of view; avoid carrying large amounts of cash; keep purse close to your body and wallets in a front pocket and remind children not to return to the vehicle to wait in the parking lot for parents.
While at home, residents are advised to always lock the doors and windows of their home; display gifts where they can’t be seen and if a delivery person or solicitor comes to the door, ask for official identification through the locked door.
If residents are leaving for vacation, police advise using an automatic timer for lights and radio; having a friend or good neighbor watch your residence. The Lemont Police Department also offers a Vacation Watch for up to two weeks at a time.
For more information call the police department at (630) 257-2229.
More News News
- 5 activities for kids during winter break
- Lemont Fire outsources dispatchers to Orland Park
- Lemont Junior Woman's Club hosts benefit breakfast with Santa at Cog Hill
- Former Wheaton resident with special needs gets new bike through community donations
- Gowerpalooza returns for 8th year: 6 photos