Lemont Park District hosts ‘Thanksgiving Day Food Drive & Open House’ Thursday
The Lemont Park District is hosting a Thanksgiving Day Food Drive & Open House on Thursday morning.
Only attendees who bring in a non-perishable food item will be invited free into the CORE for the open house. Food items such as boxed meals, canned spaghetti, canned meats, cereal, spaghetti, cake mix, sugars, canned jars of fruit, boxes of raisins, cranberries and snack cups are needed.
Those who do not bring a non-perishable food item will need to pay the regular daily admission price if they are not a CORE member. Proceeds will benefit the Lemont Food Pantry.
The open house will allow attendees to take a class, workout or go for a swim. Two family fit classes will be available during the open house, Family Bootcamp from 9:15 to 10:15 a.m. and Family Zumba from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.
For more information visit www.lemontparkdistrict.org
More News News
- Pedestrian hit by train Friday in Glen Ellyn has died
- Bensenville police shoot man who allegedly drew gun
- Glen Ellyn Wheaton Community Associates of the Art Institute celebrate 'A Gem of a Holiday'
- Bolingbrook's Parrker Westphal to play for Northwestern
- Century 21 of Lemont donates for Christmas dinners
- 4 downtown Glen Ellyn coffee shops to stop by for a pick-me-up while holiday shopping
- Gary Elementary in West Chicago donates to Unicef
- Carol Stream man sentenced to 33 years for sexually assaulting child
- Convicted murderer, kidnapper charged with 2 felonies in Carol Stream
- 5 activities for kids during winter break in Lemont