Geneva teachers' contract ratified
On Tuesday, the Geneva Board of Education and the Geneva Education Association have formally ratified a three-year teachers’ contract.
The GEA, or teachers’ union, had threatened to strike last week because an agreement had not been reached since Aug. 15.
The ratified three-year contract includes a salary freeze for teachers from the 2012 to 13 school year, a 2.65 percent increase the following year and a 2.85 percent increase on the third year.
More Local News News
- Local veteran receives holiday home makeover: 'I was just speechless'
- Police reports: Glen Ellyn for Dec. 19
- Police reports: West Chicago for Dec. 19
- Police reports: Wheaton for Dec. 19
- Police reports: Carol Stream for Dec. 20