Fitzpatrick named chair of Lombard’s Community Promotions and Tourism Committee
|(Photo courtesy of the Village of Lombard)|
Laura Fitzpatrick was named chair of the Village of Lombard’s Community Promotions and Tourism Committee to fill the vacancy left by the late village president Bill Mueller.
Although originally structured as an ad-hoc committee, the village recently changed it to a standing committee, which necessitates a trustee to fill the chair seat.
“I am excited about this opportunity to continue to make Lombard a destination for travel, shopping and business meetings,” Fitzpatrick said. “There are always ways to improve our hotel and restaurant market in the Metro-Chicago area.”
New members are also being recruited for the committee, especially residents with backgrounds in hospitality, communications and marketing. To apply for this position, or a position on another village committee, visit www.villageoflombard.org and search “Volunteer for a committee.”
The next meeting of the Community Promotions and Tourism Committee meeting will be scheduled in early January.
More News News
- Glen Ellyn police respond to alleged assault by Hadley student against staff member
- Residents reminded to walk pets carefully after family loses puppy in hit-and-run
- Five things we learned at Tuesday's Downers Grove Council meeting
- Lemont District 113A approves $750,000 technology upgrade plan
- WDSRA Foundation names new board chairman